The Friedrich D70BP is a big capacity 70-pint dehumidifier produced by Friedrich, a brand which better known for manufacturing air conditioning products. The D70BP is the only one 70 pint dehumidifier that we tested features a built-in pump. If you want to buy a dehumidifier having a built-in pump then the Friedrich is undoubtedly worth a look. Let’s read our review!
As we mentioned in the Top 10 Dehumidifier Comparisons, the Friedrich D70BP ranked in #4. This dehumidifier may be worth considering if you are looking to eliminate high humidity and mould or mildew in your basement or inside your house. The unit features a built-in pump, front-loading bucket along with a continuous drain option for those who would like to avoid emptying the water tank. It is still portable because of its caster wheels.
The unit is a 70-Pint Dehumidifier with 115v ENERGY STAR® qualified. It features a Continuous Operation which helps maximize dehumidifier run time. It can be set to precise humidity levels from 30% to 90%. It has a 24-hour timer. The unit can work in temps as low as 41 degrees due to its Low Temperature Operation. It also equips a removeable condensate bucket with carry handle holds approximately 16.2 pints, Convenient Automatic defrost cycle, Casters included for easy mobility. Plus it features the Top-mount digital touch controls can display room temp and humidifity.
- ENERGY STAR qualified 70 pint dehumidifier plugs into a standard 115v electrical outlet and features continuous drain operation
- Built-in drain pump can pump condensation vertically or horizontally up to 15 ft plus continuous drainage option from rear drain outlet
- Top-mount Digital Controls display room temperature and humidity level
- Up to 16 pints removable condensate bucket with carry handle
- 24-hour timer and 2-speed fan
- It works very well to reduce the humidity.
- The controls are user friendly.
- The unit is attractive and relatively quiet.
- The digital readout of temperature and humidity is extremely great.
- Casters included for easy moving from room to room.
- Filter is washable and simple to remove and replace.
- The removable condensation bucket is smaller than similar dehumidifiers
- After switching off and on, it doesn’t remember settings
Overall we are highly impressed with ability of this unit to dehumidify the basement or whole house. You’ll be impressed how quickly it gets the job done. If you’re looking for a dehumidifier with a built-in pump, your choice is definitely the D70BP.