The Keystone KSTAD70B is a perfect low-cost alternative to most of the 70-pint dehumidifiers that are more high-priced out there. It has a 70-pint capacity and will dehumidify areas that are big in a minimal timeframe. More, it has several attributes that other dehumidifiers do not have, including automatic features that allow you to establish your desired humidity level and leave. The unit can do the work for you all.
Besides the Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier that I mentioned in the latest review, the Keystone KSTAD70B is also a good and affordable price dehumidifier on the 2016 market. The unit comes packaged with features and has the exact same functionality as nearly every other 70-pint dehumidifier out there.
The Keystone KSTAD70B helps you eliminate up to 70 pints of moisture from the air over a 24-hour period. It features the electronic controls with LED display, a transparent water level indicator along with a full bucket indicator. The continuous draining option is available using a hose. In addition, it has a 24-hour timer and also a removable, easy-cleaning dust filter using a clean-filter alert. The rolling castors make the unit easy to move from room to room and the auto-restart saves your settings during a power outage. Plus, it has the full one-year parts and labour warranty and a limited 5-year sealed system warranty too.
- Removes up to 70 pints of water per day reduces moisture in the air to keep an ideal relative humidity amount.
- Electronic controls and LED display they offer an easy operation.
- Two fan speeds enable you to correct the fan to standard or turbo. A higher speed fan helps you get rid of moisture more quickly.
- Auto shut off when the water tank is full, it will turn the unit off automatically
- Washable filter enables easy maintenance. When the filter needs to be cleaned, the filter indicator light illuminates.
- Low temperature operation permits the unit to work in temperatures as low as 41° F.
- Bucket full indicator light will notify you when the tank needs to be emptied.
- Front-loading bucket simplifies emptying.
- 24 hour on/off timer lets you delay start or delay stop the unit which can help lessen energy consumption.
- Auto defrost removes frost accumulation on the evaporator coils.
- Auto restart if there is a power outage, the unit will restart with the last function setting when the power resumes.
- ENERGY STAR Certified it means that the unit uses less energy than non-accredited models and meets strict energy efficiency guidelines determined by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the US Department of Energy.
- The Keystone KSTAD70B is an effective and silent dehumidifier. It works extremely well with full of necessary features.
- Reasonable price: you can buy a well-working dehumidifier with a street price.
- The selection reservoir must be emptied more frequently than other versions and carries a little bit of water.
In summary, the Keystone will be worth considering only if you’re looking for a unit that you will plumb to a drain (and not deal with the bucket issues). It is designed for comfort and convenience, also is a silent dehumidifier that has several auto features that allow you to plug it in and leave. Otherwise, the Frigidaire FAD704DWD is the better option. It’s more expensive but will provide you with a better design, better build quality, and quieter operation.