Dehumidifier is an electric appliance clear by its name to diminish the humidity around. This product is commonly used at offices, hospitals, homes, etc. the dehumidifiers with their benefits also have some consequences with it. The pros and cons of this commonly used appliance are discussed under as per the observations made by different people who used them.
Pros of running a dehumidifier are:
- A dehumidifier is best at controlling the humidity around in the air temperature. It controls the humidity level around it and makes the air better and fresh. In simple language, it dehumidifies the home or the area where it is kept.
- It provides high relief from various allergies and asthmatic diseases. By the humidity control function of this device, it kills the germs in the air, blow out the dust particles and purify the air simply by controlling the humidity level and suffocation in the atmosphere.
- With the help of dehumidifiers the area gets cool. Its inbuilt temperature control coils get in all the humidity and transforms it in to cool air by making the temperature under control and comparatively cooler than normal.
- It can be used anywhere in the house or indoor areas. One just have to place it correctly wherever the requirement is, whether it’s a bedroom, living room, office, basement, etc.
- Due to the comfort it provides along with the easy setup to use, it’s a very easy way to get rid of humidity inside a room or a hall. One just needs to get an accurate dehumidifier according to the area and plug it, and it is all done.
Cons of running a dehumidifier:
- One needs to be very sure about the correct dehumidifier for the area it is being purchased for, wrong selection will only lead to wastage. A particular size of dehumidifier is good only for the area for those dimensions, it will be of no benefit if used somewhere else.
- Dehumidifiers need continuous and frequent maintenance, they need to be clean on regular intervals, they need to be looked after again and again which demands extra time and efforts even after making expense on it.
- These are not inexpensive, a good and a durable dehumidifier are costly, which pinches the pocket of users. Everyone cannot afford to buy a dehumidifier for the whole house or all the rooms.
- Using a dehumidifier adds up to the electricity bills. They need continuous plug in support to give the facility and results it is purchased for which adds an extra portion of cost into the bills. The air-conditioners are always a first preference for consumers due to which people tend to avoid an extra expense to their bills.
Even a good dehumidifier emits some sort of noise from it. Not only the noise that it creates but the heat it emits during the time of use is a big drawback it carries. The noise caused irritates the people in its surroundings.