If only it was a perfect world, then everyone would not have trouble with their dehumidifiers and their homes will always be regulated to the perfect humidity levels. But it isn’t and the owners of dehumidifiers experience trouble even when they thought they bought the perfect machine.
Unfortunately, these electrical devices do come with flaws. What follows are some problems and the troubleshooting guide to solve them.
Dehumidifier Trouble and Solutions
- 1Noise of the machine – the dehumidifier has a fan inside attached with other internal functioning dehumidifier parts which runs at the time of functioning of dehumidifier. The fan regulation causes loud noise, despite the covered body it causes noise as well as vibration which troubles to be a problem. To avoid the noise problem it’s better to place the dehumidifier in a closed cabinet with a strong base and check the fan motor, as this can also be the issue behind the noise.
- 2Leakage in the tank – the tank of water gets filled with water that is collected from the humid room temperature, sometimes the tank filled with water shows the problem of leakage due to which the motor of the appliance does not work and the atmosphere is not affected so well. Clean the tank on regular intervals and drain out the water properly so that leakage problem is looked after and best results are obtained.
- 3Coils freeze – this is one of the most common problems faced with the dehumidifiers, the dependence of its working is high on the coils inbuilt, due to the continuous cool air exertion and humidity contraction the evaporator coils gets freeze or a layer of ice is made on it which does not allow it to give further results. If the appliance is placed on the floor or lower level then this is also a reason for the freezing of coils as the temperature down is high in comparison to the air level, so it’s an easy tip that keeps it on a higher surface and also cleans the coils timely for good working.
- 4Fan does not work smoothly – the fans give problems often as the fan continuously works when the appliance is plugged in. Sometimes it is due to the breakage of the fan blades, sometimes it is due to the loose screws that cause noise also and sometimes there is a technical defect in the motor of the fan. To fix the problem with the fan its best to get a technical help from the professionals or else if one wants to fix it at home then try to move with your hand first or tighten up the screws carefully.
- 5Stops working – if continuous plug in the dehumidifier will stop working once the humidity in the air is exerted, but the motor will continuously run and will not even give any result. Put it off so that temperature can rise and it can work well again. Plus, most dehumidifiers work well in the temperature above 65 degree Fahrenheit.
- 6Dehumidifier not meeting specs while on continuous function – This is a common issue as owners expect the dehumidifier to reach the ideal target, in this case 70 pints per day, every day. That capacity does happen under specific conditions and will not be reached if the day is drier and cooler than other days. This is normal as the device will extract less moisture from the air if the humidity level has been reached
- 7Dehumidifier not working when the water tank is empty – you realize that your dehumidifier is not collecting water even though the switch may be working there can still be a problem at the switch. The trouble comes in when the water tank is not placed properly and hits the switch telling the device that it is full. Reposition the tank to see if that solves the problem. Or push the switch with your finger.
- 8Keep getting an error code on my 70 Pt. Frigidaire dehumidifier – Depending on the error code, it could be that your filters need cleaning or replacing. Or it may mean that you need to clean the thermal sensor with some steel wool. Finally, it may mean that your sensor is going bad and needs to be replaced
- 9Dehumidifier doesn’t turn off when the bucket is full – sometimes just turning the power off for 30 seconds will solve this issue. Then it may not and you will have to give the switch a little poke. If it sticks, just tap it from the backside to release it from the stuck position.
These are just some of the issues you will face when you buy a dehumidifier. Most problems can be solved by doing it yourself and without making an expensive trip to the repair shop.
Do some research first before contacting the repairman to save yourself some time and money