If you’re on a quest to figure out what dehumidifier is right for your home, you might realize it’s a tough decision when there are so many choices. To help you out, I’m going to give you a glimpse of the 70 Pint 2 Speed Dehumidifier by Hisense.
Overview of the Hisense 70 Pint 2-Speed Dehumidifier with Built in Pump
Hisense’s 70-pint dehumidifier is a lightweight dehumidifier meant for spaces 1,500 square feet and under. This low temperature operated machine might be just what you need to help improve your home’s environment.
What We Like
- Many people complain that their dehumidifier makes their room or home too hot. The Hisense 70 pint dehumidifier was made to run at a low temperature of 38 degrees F to ensure this doesn’t happen.
- Customers report great satisfaction with how efficiently their Hisense dehumidifier works. If you are dealing with a problem due to humidity, this machine will surely help combat it.
- The Hisense dehumidifier comes with its own garden hose so you can drain water without having to take out the water reservoir itself. Most dehumidifiers require that you get the hose separately.
- Read more: Best Dehumidifier with Drain Hose
What We Didn't Like
- Unfortunately, the Hisense customer service has been a hassle to many owners of this unit. Most of the reports are concerning how difficult it is to get in contact with the company.
- Going hand in hand with customer service, it seems this pump isn’t as durable as some other dehumidifiers. Some reviews on the internet will reveal that their unit broke within the first year, some within the first few months, of owning it.
- This dehumidifier is ideal for only 1,500 square feet. While this is ideal for some, many others have a much larger space they need to dehumidify, meaning this might not be the right one for you.
Who Would Be the Ideal User of the Hisense 70 Pint Dehumidifier?
Because it can work for up to 1,500 square feet, the Hisense 70 pint dehumidifier could be a great choice for those who live in an apartment, dorm, studio or small home. The basement would also be a good spot to place this machine.
If you happen to have mold, mildew, or allergens in your home, the Hisense dehumidifier should definitely be taken into consideration. Of course, this is going to depend on how big the space you need it for is.
Key Features of the Hisense 70 Pint 2 Speed Dehumidifier
- Convenient, Small Size - This Hisense comes in a nice small size, a bit similar to the Ivation, and weighs just over 45 pounds. Never have trouble moving this unit around thanks to its great use of space and light weightedness.
- Low Temperature Operation - As mentioned earlier, a common complaint of dehumidifiers is that they emit hot air as it’s working. Hisense combats that problem by designing the dehumidifier to operate at temperatures (as low as 38 degrees Fahrenheit) to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Heavy Duty Dehumidifier - This dehumidifier is capable of extracting up to 70 pints of moisture from your home’s environment in a matter of 24 hours. Especially if you live somewhere quite humid, this unit will be able to help you feel fresher on very humid days.
- 3 Different Operating Modes to Choose From - The Hisense comes with 3 different operating modes your unit can run at. These include auto-dry, continuous and manual set.
- 2 Different Speed Settings - Choose from either high or low speed settings depending on your personal preferences. This might be ideal for you if the humidity in your area is constantly changing.
- High Tech Controls - The high-tech controls on this dehumidifier are easy to use. Do everything from programming timers, adjusting the humidistat, change modes and fan speed settings and more.
- Clean User Interface - Its control panel is sleek and smooth, consisting of flat buttons and a digital display for number settings. The clean design is simple and straight to the point so you’ll have a hard time being confused with what you’re doing when setting up the machine.
- 24 Hour Timer - Set the timer for the machine to turn on and off at certain times of the day depending on your schedule. Easily turn your ownership of this dehumidifier into a hands-off experience, meaning less effort on your end.
- Built-In Pump - A built-in pump helps with draining the water tank as needed so you don't need to empty the bucket manually. A water hose is also included so you will not be required to purchase one separately.
- Adjustable Humidistat - With the easy to adjust humidistat, you have complete control over the humidity levels in your home. You’ll be able to check on the current humidity levels of your home as well to make sure all is running smoothly.
- Full Tank Alert/Shutoff - It also has the full tank alert function that means the indicator light flashes or the unit automatically shuts off when the tank is full, depending on your chosen settings.
- Energy Star Certified - Any machine with an Energy Star Certification is an Eco friendly option. Use this dehumidifier in your home knowing that you are saving energy and extremely efficient.
What Else is there About the Hisense Dehumidifier I Should Know?
Along with all of the amazing key features this dehumidifier comes with, you also get to choose whether you would like a 1 of 2 year warranty. This is going to be for protection against any damages attained within the time period.
A dehumidifier is capable of being one of the most important appliances you’ll have in your home. Though Hisense does provide a great option for many of those looking for a unit, it must be kept in mind that this machine is for smaller spaces.
A lot of times loudness will be a problem people don’t want to deal with, and this is a more than common complaint when it comes to dehumidifiers. I’m happy to let you know that the only noise this machine seems to make is a humming sound as well as some additional sounds when the built-in pump is working.
The Final Say
All in all, this 70 pint Hisense is a great dehumidifier for smaller spaces. I highly recommend it for those who don’t need to dehumidify a space larger than 1,500 square feet.
If you’re looking for something to accommodate a larger space, try taking a look at the Ivation 70 Pint Dehumidifier.