What is Your Condition?
If you ever experience mold and mildew growth in your home, you should know exactly what it means to be living in a home with relatively low air quality. You feel uncomfortable with the stuffy and moldy air in your home and this can, of course, open you and your entire family or pets to great health problems. So what should you do then? To avoid the various kinds of health challenges in your home, you definitely need to increase the quality of air within your home or surrounding. Stuffy and moldy air can cause breathing difficulty to both the young and old in your home and could as well worsen any existing health challenges relating to breathing.
The moist air in your home needs to be filtered or removed totally to cub low air quality problems and to do this, you need a dehumidifier. But here is the challenge - what type of dehumidifier meets your home needs? There are numerous dehumidifiers available today and making a choice of the best one to meet your home requirements could be overwhelming as a lot of dehumidifier reviews out there can make you confused. This is why you need to be guided all through the process and, of course, the reason for this FFAD5033R1 Energy Star 50-Pint Dehumidifier review. Please check out my review and decide for yourself if it meets your home or office requirement.
The Frigidaire FFAD5033R1 Energy Star 50-Pint Dehumidifier controls your environment for optimal comfort, freshness, and health. It removes particles and bacteria in the air, eradicates molds and mildew growth to improve the quality of air in your home. The Frigidaire FFAD5033R1 Energy Star 50-Pint Dehumidifier operates with a relatively low temperature of (41°F) which makes it perfect for a low-temperature region. In case of power outage or when the water tank is full, the unit shut off automatically to save your energy bill. The water tank is carefully positioned at the front of the unit for easy removal and disposal and the continuous drain option helps to eliminate the stress of constant emptying of the water tank. The washable filter slides out from the bottom of the unit supporting an effortless maintenance for a cool and fresh air.
How Does It Work?
Once the unit is started, the surrounding damp air is trapped by the fan through the coil. The moisture present in the air is trapped and collected in the water tank which either can be drained using a hose or by simply removing the water tank for disposal once it’s full. The adjustable humidistat is used to set the unit to your desired level. The condensed air flows back into your home through the louvers maintaining a high-quality air inside your home or office.
- A Ready-Select Control: You can select or adjust your settings with the touch of a button.
- Effortless Clean Filter: The washable filter reduces dust particles, bacteria, odor and other stuffy air from your home and gives you maximum comfort
- 3 fan speed: For more flexibility
- Effortless Humidity control: Easily control your home humidity level for optimal comfort.
- Full Tank Alert System: Alert you once the water tank is near the brim
- Energy Star Certified: Reduce your energy usage and lower your bill.
- Portability: Durable Caster wheels for easy movement around your home
- Automatic Shut Off: The unit shut-off automatically once the water tank is full
- Continuous Drain: Eliminates the stress of emptying your water tank all the time.
- Front Fixed Loading Bucket with a Splash Guard and Handle: For removal and covey convenience.
- Low-Temperature Operation (41°F): Eliminates low-temperature concerns
- Protects your home from breathing difficulty caused by excessive moisture - resulting in mildew and mold growth.
- The continuous drain option releases you from the tank emptying concerns.
- You don’t need an extension cord
- Saves enough energy and reduce your bills with the automatic shut-off design
- It removes up to 50 pints of moist air from your surrounding per 24 hours.
Other package included with this unit?
- Installation hardware
- 50-Pint Dehumidifier
- Owner’s manual
What We Liked
- It is portable with an enhanced storage cord and a handle.
- Great design with high-quality product parts
- Generate less noise and the quietest 50-pint dehumidifier I’ve tested
- A higher water holding capacity tank compared to other units of the same size
- Higher value compared to other 50-pint dehumidifiers
- Highly reliable with excellent customer feedbacks
What We Didn't Like
- Only 5% increase rate hygrometer readings
- There’s no defrost mode available in this dehumidifier
Is This Unit For You?
Whether the unit is ideal for you or not is your personal decision. But if you answer yes to any of the questions below, the unit is best for you.
- Will a smaller water tank size serve you better compared to the 70-pint tank?
- Does the dusty and moldy air in your home give you some health and environmental concerns?
- Do you experience a regular power outage or low energy in your home?
- How long does delivery take after placing my order?
Answer: delivery takes an average of 3-5 days depending on your location
- Does this product have warranty or guarantee?
Answer: Yes. This product has 1-year labor warranty and 5-years seal warranty with a guaranteed optimal operation.
Frigidaire FFAD5033R1 Energy Star 50-Pint Dehumidifier is a powerful, small-scaled and lightweight dehumidifier that constantly helps to eliminate bacteria, mildew, mold and stuffy air from your home. It keeps the air fresh and gives you and your family great comfort. If you’re looking for a dehumidifier for your home that meets the above specifications, I highly recommend this unit.