Dehumidifiers are some of the most useful and most important appliances of a household in preventing mold and mildew. Whether it be for mold control or for simple air maintenance, you’re going to want a dehumidifier that is reliable as well as convenient for you to use.
Overview of the Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
Brought to you by Ivation, the 70 Pint Dehumidifier is an amazing machine that can comfortably be used for spaces of 4,500 square feet and under. Over the course of 24 hours, this machine is capable of pulling up to 70 pints of moisture a day from the air.
What We Like
- This machine is very convenient due to its light weight, compact size, tech savvy system and rolling wheels. Easily place, set up and move this machine as needed with very little effort.
- Super efficient when it comes to the prevention of unwanted problems such as mold, dust, allergens, etc. The Ivation dehumidifier will provide cleaner air that is healthier to breathe.
- Being ENERGY STAR Certified, you can be sure the Ivation will be great when it comes to saving energy. Trust this Eco-friendly dehumidifier with features like auto-restarting and auto-shutoffs.
What We Didn't Like
- While direct draining capabilities were constructed into the Ivation dehumidifier, a host connection is required. This is not included and will need to be purchased separately.
- There are a lot of customer complaints concerning the loudness the Ivation runs at. If you’re someone who greatly values peace and quiet, this dehumidifier may not be for you.
- You will most likely need to empty out the reservoir daily. If you want something with a little less maintenance regarding how much you’ll need to empty the water out, you might prefer something a bit bigger.
Who Could Use the Ivation Dehumidifier?
The Ivation dehumidifier system can be used for areas up to 4,500 square feet, as mentioned earlier. It would be the most ideal for those who need something to help the humidity levels in their basement, or even just their home in general.
Especially those with certain allergies and breathing problems should consider the Ivation dehumidifier to help improve their quality of life.
Key Features of the Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
- Compact and Powerful - This dehumidifier weighs only 40 pounds while being able to extract 70 pints of moisture from your home’s air in a matter of 24 hours. Enjoy this small but powerful dehumidifier in your home without it being an obstruction in your home.
- Rolling Wheels - Durable smooth rolling caster wheels placed at the bottom of this machine make is more than easy to move it from place to place. The wheels themselves roll smoothly and are discreet so you can barely notice them at a glance.
- Long Cord Length - Being 6 feet long, the length of the cord means you can place this machine practically anywhere in your home. Extension cords will not be necessary to comfortably run this machine.
- On/Off Switch - Easily turn the machine on and off with a simple flick of a switch. The good thing about the on/off feature is you will NEVER lose your settings so you don’t need to set them every time!
- Easy to Use LCD Display - Use the technologically sound simple LCD interface to do everything when it comes to making adjustments and checking data. This includes the ability to check the humidistat, set your ideal levels of humidity and fan speed adjustments, set up timers and notifications, check reservoir levels and more.
- Two Different Fan Speeds - The two fan speeds Ivation provides are regular and turbo. Choose what you feel works best for you and your home.
- Humidity Level Meter - Easily check the humidity levels in your home through the LCD screen. With this, you’ll be more than capable of making just the right adjustments if you aren’t satisfied with the levels.
- 24 Hour Timer - Use the timer feature to run the dehumidifier according to your schedule as well as to save some energy.
- 1.3 Gallon Water Reservoir - The reservoir itself has a level indicator that’s transparent so you can see how much water it’s holding. It also features some comfortable handles and a cover so you can transport the reservoir with ease.
- Auto Shut Off and Restart - The machine turns off once the water reservoir sensors are triggered at capacity. The restart feature is great for when there is an unexpected power outage and it saves your settings as well.
- Re-Usable Air Filter - The air filter was designed to be effortlessly rinsed and re-used as needed. It will cost no extra money for additional filters, simply because you don’t need any.
- Direct Drainage Capabilities - With the optional hose hook-up, you can instantly drain any water into a drain or sink rather than emptying out the reservoir every time.
- Frost Sensories - In order to help reduce energy waste and protect the machine, an auto-defrost mechanism is included.
- Eco-Friendly - Many of the features the Ivation dehumidifier has are green, meaning they are friendly to the environment. Enjoy a more comfortable home with a good conscious knowing this machine is Energy Star Certified...
What Else You Need to Know about the Ivation Dehumidifier
The Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier is available on Amazon (check on Amazon.com for best price!)
When you place your order for the dehumidifier, you should expect it to be delivered within the next 10-15 business days. If you have Amazon Prime, you can receive it within the next two days from the date ordered.
Concerning the cons of the Ivation dehumidifier, if the loudness doesn’t matter to you then it will be a nice addition to your home. Remember, if you are looking to use the hose drainage system, make sure to purchase the hose separately.
The Final Verdict
Overall, I recommend the Ivation 70 Pint Dehumidifier if you are truly looking for a way to regulate the humidity levels in your home. For a great deal, you receive a high quality and durable machine that you’ll be able to use for the years to come.